Registration has recently opened for some ultimate opportunities — from fun weekends to summer camps. Here they are in chronological order:
1) Saturday, April 5, 2014, from 9-4 in Issaquah (ages 8-101)
Fly for Life — ultimate fun day to raise awareness about and benefit organ transplant in WA
2) Saturday, May 31, 2014, 12-8 p.m.
Spring Jam tournament for elementary school players
3) Saturday, June 7, 2014, 9-12 ($10, on-site registration)
Fryz Elementary/MS clinic
Cost: $10 (all players)
Please be there early
Registration starts at 8:30 a.m.
Location: Magnuson Park (Turf Field #7)
Bring: dark and light jerseys, lunch, and plenty of water.
4) UpDawg tournament by UW Element
Up Dawg is a coed youth hat tournament put on by the University of Washington women’s ultimate frisbee team, Element. Middle school players of all skill and experience levels register as individuals. Each is placed on a team with other middle schoolers. Teams are coached by Element players and play 3 or 4 games in the tournament. At the end of the day, everyone comes together to celebrate spirited play.
Here are the details:
Who can play: middle school players (school year grades 5-8) of all skill and experience levels.
When: June 7, 2014, 1-5 pm; registration form due by May 20, 2014
Where: Magnuson Park
Cost: $40 (sliding scale upon request)
This tournament is a both a fundraiser for UW Element and a chance for their players to share their love of ultimate with our community.
5) Summer camps
3 camp sessions available to 8-9 year olds, 10-11 year olds, 12-13 year olds, and high schoolers.
- Session 1: Monday June 16- Friday June 20 (Seattle Public School still in session)
- Session 2: Monday June 23- Friday June 27
- Session 3: Monday August 18- Friday August 22