This 10-15 minute warmup was fun & fast for a group of about 22 3rd-6th graders. Try it out with your elementary team!
1) [2 minutes] Run around field to high fives from coach(es)
2) [1 min] Space out arms length apart along one line of cones ~15m away from an opposite cone line:
3) [1 min] Side-shuffle right between cone lines, then shuffle left; alternatively to sideways cross-overs to the right, then left;
4) [1 min] Zombie or Frankenstein kick (swing each step up high to try to touch outstretched arms) to and back from the opposite line;
5) [5-10 min] Make 2 sets of two lines along your original cone line & play paired dog (coaches say “ready, go” & then throw ~20m floaters to each pair that competes to catch it) for 5 min; end w/ high 5s.
– Posted using BlogPress
A couple shots from the first night of youth summer league (last Wednesday). The Riot team did a great job of keeping it fun for both the beginners (as young as to-be-3rd-graders) and the more experienced players (some to-be-6th-graders).