In an effort to acquire input from the growing ultimate community across the United States, the national governing body USA Ultimate, is in the middle of their “2017 Vision Tour” in which they are holding meetings at city’s across the nation. They are coming to Seattle next Tuesday (4/4) and your chance to influence the direction of the sport in the U.S. will be from 6-8pm at the new ultimate gym — Ren Fitness (1404 NW 49th St, Seattle, WA 98107). You can pre-register online.
Agenda and attendees
USAU’s CEO and a few members of the board of directors will present something like the following agenda (from the Mar 23 tour stop in Pittsburgh) in effort to hear from Seattle area players, coaches and parents about our region’s hopes and dreams.
- Welcome, brief outline of the evening, goal of the Community Conversations (5 minutes)
- The ultimate community’s hopes and concerns about the future of ultimate (10 minutes)
- A look back: ultimate’s history (5 minutes)
- A look forward: ultimate and USA Ultimate in the wide world of sports (15 minutes)
- Q&A (10 minutes)
- Considering our next steps: Group exercise, facilitated in six small groups. Then, led by facilitator in large group (60 minutes). Topics and facilitators include:
- AUDL: Henry Thorne, USA Ultimate Board Vice President
- Elite Level Play: Josh Murphy, USA Ultimate Director of Member Services & Community Development
- Equity & Diversity: DeAnna Ball, USA Ultimate Board President
- Olympic Dream: Tom Crawford, USA Ultimate Chief Executive Officer
- USA Ultimate Brand: Stacey Waldrup, USA Ultimate Manager of Communications & Publications
- Youth Structure: Kathy Hendrickson, USA Ultimate Board of Directors
- Guest Speakers: (10 minutes)
- Sarah Lemanski: Gender Equity and Disparity
- Marcus Ranii-Dropcho: Club ultimate vs. semi-pro
- Close, Appreciation and Rating the Output (5 minutes).